AS I SEE IT 9/9
Haven’t we had that enough times, only to have him turn heel again? Besides, Vince is better as a heel. “Mister McMahon” is a a great heel. Every time he’s a babyface, you’re already waiting for the heel turn.
Why should fans believe that Bryan will win after this last bait-and-switch push? If they don’t, why should they give a damn about the main WWE storyline?
Yawn. Looks like ratings agree. On top of that, football season starts, with a doubleheader tonight.
Another bone to pick, by the way (actually, two). First, with a company like WWE that has had the history of talent dying young because of drug use and accidents… somehow I don’t think I’d be going out of my way to remind my fans and the public in general of that fact by including it in my storyline, as was done last week with “Big Show” Paul Wight. I realize that according to Dave Meltzer, it’s at least somewhat a legitimate concern by Wight, since he had the pituitary growth that Andre The Giant did, and had it removed surgically.
Speaking of Paul Wight being “Stephanie’s “Giant”, as Meltzer also mentioned…she wasn’t that young when Paul Wight started with WWE. She was 20. She was three years old when ANDRE did, though. Do the McMahons think that fans can’t tell the differnce between Andre the Giant and Big Show?.
FInally, one more reminder, this coming Saturday, September 14, Combat Zone Wrestling returns for its annual Chris Cash Memorial show at the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, NJ.
* In a rematch, CZW World Tag champions BLK Out (BLK JEEZ & RUCKUS w/ ROBBIE MIRENO) defends against THE OSIRIAN PORTAL (OPHIDIAN & AMASIS)!
* In an Ultraviolent Rules match, after stepping up last month, RORY MONDO will take Nation of Intoxication’s DANNY HAVOC!
* Nation of Intoxication’s LUCKY tHURTeen vs. DREW BLOOD!
* The Chri$ Ca$h Memorial Ladder Match for the CZW Wired TV Title! Whoever survives Dayton on September 7 between AR FOX, SHANE STRICKLAND, ANDREW EVERETT, & ALEX COLON will face off on September 14!
* Intergender Tag Match between PEPPER PARK & CHERRY BOMB as they face GREG EXCELLENT & a partner of his choosing.
Until next time….
If you have comments or questions, or if you’d like to add the AS I SEE IT column to your website, I can be reached by e-mail at the address above. If you’d like to add advertising on PWBTS.com (the flagship website of this column), banner ads are available for $400 for one year. These ads would appear on each newspage appearing on the newsboard. Cube ads are available for $200 for one year, which would be placed on the main newsboard page.
If you have comments/questions, or if you'd like to add the AS I SEE IT column to your website, I can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org)